It is great if you have decided to confirm your identity on the Cash App. Upon successful Cash App verification, not only you will be safe while sending and receiving money but also can avail more benefits such as Cash App direct deposit, cash card. More importantly, with the help of Cash App, you will be able to fill out 1099-K and 1099-B tax forms. Now let’s come back to our main question: how to verify identity on Cash App? These are the steps to follow:
- Unlock your phone and open the Cash App mobile application on your phone.
- Now tap your photo icon (a profile button) available at the top right corner.
- Now from the drop-down menu, select the personal tab.
- Right here comes a verification screen where you need to share all your required details such as date of birth, billing address, last four digits of SSN, and upload your photo id proof.
- Once you complete the verification process, you will have to wait for up to 1–2 days.
- After cross-verification of information, within 1–2 days you will get a notification for successful verification.
Why is Cash App asking for my driving license?
To ensure the best user experience and security, Square Cash App prompts users to verify their identity on Cash App. And to make the Cash App verification process simple and short, Cash App accepts any government-approved photo id proof and SSN. More specifically, Cash App accepts a driving license and passport or passport card in the form of government-approved photo id proof. Though to confirm your identity on Cash App alone a photo Id proof is not enough. You will have to share the last four digits of your SSN as well. Find more explanations in the coming section.
How do I know if my cash app is verified?
- Well, the answer to this question is very short and simple. You get an official email from the Cash App informing you about it.
- The next thing to be noticed is that the daily Cash App limit will change.
- You would now be able to sell and buy stocks and make a direct deposit.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!